Director Operations (m/f/d)
The Director Operations supports the General Manager in all tasks to conduct the business of our USA subsidiary by shaping a disciplined and professional organization. The primary task is to manage all operational processes of the organizational units to ensure a smooth course of operation with a special focus on an efficient supply chain and inventory, a highly reliable service level as well as further improvement of QM & QA processes.
- Support the General Manager in all tasks to conduct the business of our USA subsidiary by shaping a disciplined and professional organization with the authority to issue directives.
- Manage all operational processes of the organizational units to ensure a smooth course of operation. Special focus an efficient supply chain and inventory, a highly reliable service level as well as further improvement of QM & QA processes.
- Determines staffing requirements, and interview, hire and train new employees, or oversee those personnel processes.
- Coordinates organization’s financial and budget activities with guidance from the General Manager to fund operations, maximize investments and increase efficiency. Reviews financial statements, sales and activity reports, and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement and to determine areas needing cost reduction and program improvements with guidance from the General Manager.
- Establish and implement departmental policies, goals, objectives, and procedures, conferring with board members, organization officials, and staff members as necessary.
- Works in close cooperation with all relevant stake holders.
- Responsible for operational daily business, participates in strategic business planning together with General Manager.
- Monitors and finalizes contracts with suppliers, customers and third parties in conjunction with the General Manager.
- Supports the General Manager in mid and long-term EBIT planning, cash flow, budget and cost development. Monitors businesses to ensure that they efficiently and effectively provide needed services while staying within budgetary limits. Ensures timely and accurate monthly financial accounting and submission of monthly, quarterly and yearly tax returns.
- Recruits, drafts and approves job and requirement descriptions, conclusion and termination of employment contracts, coordination of education and training measures with guidance from the General Manager. Ensures optimal staff deployment within the division
- Conducts staff appraisals with direct subordinates and coordinates staff appraisals for all employees of the division, agreement and control of goals in conjunction with the General Manager.
- Manages and stabilizes possible conflicts, conducts constructive criticism conversations if necessary and takes appropriate disciplinary steps.
- Develops and maintains all relevant processes within the organizational unit, especially Purchasing, warehouse, logistics and order processing procedures.
- Conducts purchasing and stock planning. Regular evaluation of key figures for these areas and if necessary, takes improvement measures.
- Maintains proper level of insurance to meet the needs of the Operation. Reviews and recommends all approvals of Terms and Conditions of Customers for approval by the General Manager. Oversees all Vendor/ Hospital Credentialing that have impact on insurance requirements or significant changes in Terms and Conditions.
- Ensures meeting the requirements of the FDA CFR 21 part 820, documents all processes, evaluates and implements improvement measures, participates in audits and ensures that all complaints are properly documented in a timely fashion and followed up with urgency.
- Participates in planning and coordinating tradeshows, fairs and congresses within North America and may participate as an exhibitor or visitor.
- Develops and implements a yearly Operations business plan. Takes actions if there are deviations.
- In coordination with the General Manager, determines and negotiates product prices, as well as delivery and payment conditions.
- Participates in Management Reviews and Meetings, provides input for business strategies and orientation.
- Sovereign personality with years of experience (at least 5 years) in leadership in Operations Management of a manufacturing or trading company.
- University degree in business administration, economics or comparable qualification.
- Experienced and good knowledge of market and requirements in the medical device field.
- Experienced in the operational business area in general management as well as in the field of Supply Chain Management and general Accounting.
- Excellent social competence and communication skills as well as strong team leadership
- Entrepreneurial thinking, pragmatism, high resilience and commitment above average
- Excellent analytic skills, problem-solving competence and a strong result orientation
- Excellent conceptual and implementation strength as well as activity orientation
- Business fluent oral and written English.
- Excellent technical understanding
- Willingness to move to Cape Coral, Florida (or local area)
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
pro med instruments, Inc.
part of the Black Forest Medical Group
Managing Director Sales & Marketing USA & CAN
Phone: +1 239 800 7387
This job is a full time position.
Your employer is pro med instruments, Inc.